Friday, December 10, 2010

Date Night!

I am so very excited about tonight! Mark made plans for his parents to come watch the boys and he made reservations at a restaurant! It’s been a long time since we had a date! I told the boys about it when I picked them up from school and Colin said, “Mommy you are going to need to look beautiful!” I told him I bought a new top today for me to wear and he said, “A beautiful one?” He can be so cute!

Speaking of dates… I think I’m gonna have to watch out for Carter. I saw a little girl talking to him after school and when it was time for the teacher to walk him to the car, she gave him a big hug and a kiss on the head! When the teacher got to the car, she was just giddy with the sweetness of what she just saw. I said, “Is that Victoria that just kissed him?” She said it was. I thought it was because one day I found a “love note” in Carter’s backpack. I asked him who gave it to him. He said, “Victoria. She always loves me!” So cute!

I talked to the school counselor today to see if I could get some information from her and see if she could kind observe the boys for me and see if she could let me know if/when she feels like they may need some help dealing with everything going on. She told me that she was already aware of our situation because of their wonderful teachers and the awesome principal of the school. She has talked to them some and she told me that there were a few days when Carter was having a hard time at P.E. He stayed with her during that time and drew pictures and told her about his daddy being sick. I wasn’t aware of any of this until now, but I am so thankful that he has such amazing people looking out for him while he is at school. Also, the counselor gave me some information about a lady in Frisco that has been in my situation. Her husband passed away from brain cancer and she has young children as well. I am looking forward to getting in contact with her and having a chance to visit with her.

Back to Mark… He is doing GREAT right now!! He went in to work each day this week! It’s crazy. If you just look at him, you would have no idea that he had such a terrible cancer. We are so blessed with how well he is doing now. We know the reality is that this cancer will kill him (unless God provides a miracle which we are not giving up on!), but we know that God is blessing us with some good quality time before then. Some of our other friends with this cancer, wouldn’t dream of being able to go to work. They can just barely function at all at this point. Mark looks healthy and feels pretty good. He gets tired easily, especially on chemo weeks, but it’s nothing too serious. His last neurological exam was so good that the doctor said she would let us wait until after Christmas for the next MRI. He will have that on the 27th. This will be the special profusion one that will show them if there is any blood flow going to the lit up area, which would indicate that it is tumor regrowth. That would be bad because it would mean that it is growing despite of chemo, which means that it is chemo resistant. SO, please pray for them to see NO blood flow to that area, which would mean it is just scar tissue caused from the radiation. I try to never get my hopes up too much, but I really have a feeling that it is going to be a good scan this time.

As always, we appreciate all of the prayers – they certainly are working, so please continue to lift Mark up each day. Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. You are a precious, precious family. I'm so glad I met you yesterday! You will be in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete