Monday, April 26, 2010

Encouragement from God

I posted this on facebook tonight, and I just wanted to be sure to include it in the blog as well...

As we are dealing with Mark's brain cancer and now having to be away from our home and our boys during his treatment, I find it easy to get discouraged. I try to keep my focus on Christ, and He helps me stay focused on Him. I have been reminded of His love for me through all the sweet notes of encouragement from family and friends, all the prayers spoken for our family, all of the blessings received via meals, phone calls, etc. A major way that God has spoken to me is through songs. It seems like everytime I really needed an answer from Him, I would get in the car and a song would be playing that comforted me, answered a question, or made my heart swell with joy. I just wanted to copy the lyrics to a couple of those special songs so that I can look at them anytime I need to and also for others who might benefit from these words. (I am thinking especially of my sweet friend, Kami, right now as her husband is also fighting for his life)

"Healing Hand Of God"

I have seen the many faces,
I fear in the pain.
I have watched the tears fall plenty,
From heart ache and strength.
So if life's journey,
Has you weary and afraid.
There's rest in the shadow of his wings.
I have walked through the valleys,
The mountains and plains.
I have held the hand of freedom,
It washes all my stains.
If you feel the weight of many trials,
And burdens from this world.
There's freedom in the shelter of the Lord.

I have seen,
The healing hand of God,
Reaching out and mending broken hearts.
Taste and see the fullness of His peace,
And hold on to what's being held out.
The healing hand of God.


I have touched the scars upon His hands,
To see if they were real.
He has walked the road before me,
He knows just how I feel.
When you feel there is not anyone,
Who understands your pain,
Just remember all of Jesus' suffering
.


Cast all your cares on Him,
For He cares for you.
He's near to the broken and confused.
By His stripes,
Our spirit is renewed.
So enter in the joy prepared for you.


"Mountain Of God"

Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

And I didn't even know
That I had lost my way
But You were there with me
Yes, You were there with me

'Til You opened up my eyes
I never knew
That I couldn't ever make it
Without You

Even though the journey's long
And I know the road is hard
Well, the One who's gone before me
He will help me carry on
After all that I've been through
Now I realize the truth
That I must go through the valley
To stand upon the mountain of God


As I travel on the road
That You have lead me down
You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me
I have need for nothing more
Oh, now that I have found
That You are here with me
Yes, You are here with me

I confess from time to time
I lose my way
But You are always there
To bring me back again

Sometimes I think of where it is I've come from
And the things I've left behind
But of all I've had, what I possessed
Nothing can quite compare
With what's in front of me
With what's in front of me

1 comment:

  1. Music has a tremendous way of healing our hearts. I know what you mean about turning on the radio and having the perfect song on. The songs you are hearing now will never be the same after this moment in your life. You will always hear them in a new way. "Broken Road" by Selah still means everything to me today that it meant to me 4 years ago...

    I know you said you get down but let me tell you that I am in such admiration of both of you right now. You are beautiful inside and out and God knew what he was doing when he crafted this moment in your lives. Hold on to each other while God holds you. I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete