Sunday, March 21, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes

So, today was an okay day. I had more pain today than yesterday, but I managed anyway. Mark did not have any seizures today, but his nerves were really thin. He was just very on edge. We are not sure if it is his medication or the tumor, but he just has not been able to handle much noise or movement. So, I had to get the boys out of the house for a little while to give him some moments of total silence. Poor guy. I know this is so hard on him. He is such a good daddy and I know it is difficult for him to feel aggravated when the boys are just being boys. It's not something he can control, and I'm sure that is a terrible feeling. He is really good about remaining calm and just letting me know that he needs some quiet time though.

Today, I was blessed by my boys. They brought me smiles and outright laughter with the things they said today. I wish I could tell you the first thing that made me laugh, but it's not something appropriate for posting since it had to do with Colin asking a very innocent, but hilarious question about the male anatomy. :) Then, a little later Colin found a cotton ball and a couple of Q-Tips. He told Mark, "Look at how I can hold the cotton ball by just using these ear picks". Ear picks! That one made me laugh out loud. Another funny thing was that while we were at Wal-Mart, I told Carter I wanted him to stay near me or somebody would take him. He asked me in all seriousness if Colin could come with him wherever somebody takes him. I've really gotta work on safety issues with that boy and put a little fear in him. :)

So, while it wasn't the best day ever, it wasn't the worst, and we were blessed with smiles and laughter from our sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment