Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No Seizures Today!

Today was a better day for Mark. No seizures! That's a BLESSING! He is really sore from his seizure yesterday, but he had a good time with his dad today. I called his neurosurgeon to let him know about the problems Mark has been having with the right side of his body and they started him on steroids. The PA said that if he has some swelling, it could be causing more problems with that side of his body, so the new meds will shrink things down and hopefully make it a little better.

I went to the doctor today and he is going to do another procedure on my back on Friday. He will do a Selective Nerve Root Block, so I will hopefully get a little more relief after that. He is aware of the situation with Mark and is so nice to rush things along and really try to make me feel better so that I can take care of him. He said if I still have pain after this procedure, he wants me to do the surgery after Mark recovers. He wrote me a prescription for my strong pain meds, so I will be able to function for the next month on that.

We were blessed with 2 meals today. We enjoyed one tonight and put the other in the refrigerator for tomorrow night. It has been sooooooo nice to not have to worry about preparing supper at all for the last couple of weeks. I cannot express my gratitude to all of the people that have helped us with meals.

I want to ask for prayers for a friend of mine also. I found out today that they lost their baby. She went in for her 12 week appointment and they couldn't find a heartbeat and then she had surgery (D&C). She is back home recovering, but I can't imagine how terrible it must feel to go through that. It just breaks my heart. I wish I could do something to help her right now too. She is in NC and I'm here in TX, so I really can't do anything but pray and ask for my friends to pray for her too. Her name is Sara, so I would appreciate it if you would add her to your prayer list and please continue to pray for our family as well. We appreciate all of the prayers that we are receiving. They are working!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky
    You guys are in our prayers constantly. I signed up to bring you meals next week..but I know Mark's surgery is coming up..so I'll buzz ya to touch base with what you guys need and when.
    Love ya
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, let sara know that we are praying for her. If she needs someone to talk to, I know what she is going through. My twins would be 18years old now. I will send you my phone number! We are praying for you and Mark too! Lifting you both up daily!
    Love you!
    Matt and Terri Ratcliffe

    ReplyDelete