Friday, March 19, 2010

Dinner, Friends, & Insurance

Mark had a follow up appointment today with the Neurologist. He was so nervous even though there was no need to be. He gets so worried about going to the doctor for anything. His blood pressure was 169/105 because of his nerves. His pulse was 135. He knows there is nothing to be worried about, but he just can't control it, poor guy! Anyway, we just got refills for his anti-seizure medications and for his "calm the nerves" medicine. :) We let her know what the nuerosurgeon said and about the plan for his surgery. He will go back to see her in 3 & 1/2 weeks. He should be starting to recover from surgery by then.

Tonight we were so blessed with an AMAZING meal brought by a super sweet lady. Thank you Jennifer! Her family blessed us with the meal, a sweet note, and a gift card to Wal-Mart! Oh my goodness! I was in tears because I was so touched by their kindness. Carter could not understand why I was crying. I was trying to explain to him what happy tears are. I don't think he got it. He just gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "I love you, Mommy!" It was precious!

We went to pick up Mark's medication from the pharmacy, and we discovered that the 2 medications he is on total $1,000 per month! So, another blessing for today is that our insurance covers 100%. We do not even have a co-pay! There is no way we could be more blessed in that area!

I have been feeling a little better today with my Sciatica. I think that the epidural injection helped with part of the pain. Now when I take my pain meds, I seem to get a little more relief, so that's yet another blessing.

Mark had a pretty good day today. He was a little tired at times and felt a little strange for a little while, but overall he felt okay and NO SEIZURES today! - Blessing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment