Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Seizure Today

Mark had another seizure today. :( He has been having some trouble with the right side of his body. He noticed the other day that he had a hard time holding his razor and he has had a hard time writing. We had an irrigation company out to fix a leak in our sprinkler line and they also did some other work for us in our yard. Mark was outside talking to the owner today and they were discussing the bill and Mark started to worry about if his hand would work or not to sign the check. Then he got that aura that he gets before a seizure, so he told the guy that he would send me out to talk to him. Mark came inside and as soon as he opened the door, I knew something was wrong. He started scratching his face and I knew that he was starting another seizure. He walked to the chair in the living room and then the seizure took over. I could see his right leg seizing while his right arm was moving uncontrollably. After about a minute, his leg stopped seizing, but his arm continued to spasm. That lasted about a minute, so the seizure was about 2 minutes total. When it was over, he was totally wiped out. His muscles hurt so bad on his right side, so he has been limping and rubbing his arm. It is so hard for me to watch him like that. I just feel so bad for him and I would do anything to take it away from him. I gave Mark an Ativan and got him settled in his chair. He rested for a while and then our neighbors came over. That was one blessing for today. They brought supper and stayed to eat with us. Mark did not feel like eating, so he just continued to rest while I ate with our friends - their kids and our kids had a “picnic” in the media room upstairs while they watched a movie. It was really nice for me to be able to visit with them. They are such nice people and we really enjoy being with them. Their kids are great and it’s nice to have them play with our boys. When we were done eating, we joined Mark in the living room. By then, he was a little more aware and awake, so he was able to join in in our conversation. After our friends left, I put the boys in bed and we tried to watch some TV, but Mark was just feeling too sleepy to concentrate. He seemed to be getting restless again, and I really wanted him to sleep well tonight in hopes that he will feel much better tomorrow. So, I gave him another Ativan and put him in bed. I pray that he sleeps well all night.

I have an appointment in the morning with my Neurosurgeon’s pain management doctor. I am still feeling much better after my epidural last week. Although I still have a lot of pain in my leg, the pain I was having right below my lower back has gotten so much better. That’s a blessing. My appointment in the morning is about medication so I can continue to function as well as possible while I wait for Mark to have his surgery and recover before I can have my surgery.

I went back to CLC today. It was nice to be covered in love by so many amazing ladies, but it was a bit overwhelming also. Once I got to my classroom, I realized that I forgot to bring Carter’s lunch and my lunch. I had everything all ready to go, I just forgot to grab them before we left this morning. As soon as I realized my mistake, I just couldn’t hold back the tears. That’s when my Angel Kimberly stepped in once again. She asked Carter what he wanted for lunch and went to find out his schedule so she would know what time his class ate. She went down to Main Street (the cafeteria in our church) and bought him lunch and took it to him and she brought lunch for me too and delivered it to my classroom. What a blessing! Before I had even left the parking lot at the end of the day, she called to check on me and see if we needed her to order us a pizza or something for supper. She is just so amazing!

Another blessing for me today was the chance to talk to our Director of CLC, Michelle. She has been exactly in my position before because her husband had a brain tumor removed. It was so nice to be able to tell her exactly how I have been feeling and to find out that it’s normal. She is a huge encouragement to me and I thank God for putting me in an area where I am able to talk to her when I need to. BLESSING!

It’s almost 1:00 in the morning, so I’m going to stop blogging now, and get myself to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment